Computer Aided Engineering Resources
This page contains Computer Aided Engineering resources primarily for current students.
Fall 2020 Computer Systems Tips
- Students can request a loaner laptop through ATUS here: https://atus.wwu.edu/equipment-loan.
- MFGE, ID, PCE, and VHCL students who have a device but can’t run required software, can remotely connect to an engineering lab computer. You can use this website: https://remoteaccess.labstats.com/western-washington-university to remotely access the ET262 and ET308 lab computers. You will first need to connect to the VPN and have Microsoft Remote Desktop installed. Full instructions for remotely connecting can be found on the website.
- We have obtained home use licensees for the following software:
- CATIA v5: Promo codes and install instructions will be provided by your instructor
- MATLAB: Students can obtain a copy of MATLAB for their personal computer here: https://www.mathworks.com/academia/tah-portal/western-washington-university-31486117.html
- Autodesk: Autodesk provides the majority of their suite of applications for free to educational institutions. Students can obtain licensing for personal computers here: https://www.autodesk.com/education/home
- Minitab: License keys and install instructions will be provided by your instructor.
For questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.