Electrical and Computer Engineering Major Application
This application is used to apply to the Electrical and Computer Engineering (EECE) major at WWU. The Electrical and Computer Engineering Program takes applications at the end of spring quarter and at the beginning of fall quarter. Accepted students start major coursework fall quarter. The deadline for this application is Wednesday, September 1, 2021 by 11:59pm Pacific Time. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Admission to the major is determined by academic performance as a pre-major and other factors including an application questionnaire about the applicant's experience, motivation, and goals. Admission is competitive. Neither completion of the prerequisites nor attainment of any specific GPA guarantees admission.
- In order to apply, you must successfully complete the courses listed below. Decisions on program applications will be made after receipt of final grades in all courses.
- AP scores are converted to GPA as follows: 5=A, 4=B, 3=C.
- Only complete applications will be given consideration. Late applications will not be accepted.
- For questions about this process, you may contact the Pre-major Advisor.
- For Transfer Students:
- Transfer students should verify course equivalencies using the Transfer Equivalency Guide. If a course for which you seek equivalency is not found on this guide, contact the Pre-major Advisor for assistance.
- EECE 108/109 will be waived in order to apply. Transfer students will be expected to take the course at their first opportunity at WWU.
- The preferred concentration you select will not impact on your chances of being admitted into the EECE program unless you indicate below that you are only willing to accept your preferred concentration.
By completing and submitting this form, you are certifying that the information in this application is true and correct to the best of your knowledge.