Manufacturing Engineering Major Application
This application is used to apply to the Manufacturing Engineering (MFGE) major. The Manufacturing Engineering Program takes applications in the middle of winter quarter and the accepted students start major coursework in the spring. Applications are due February 4, 2022 by midnight.
- Admission to the major is determined by academic performance as a pre-major and other factors. Admission is competitive. Neither completion of the prerequisites nor attainment of any specific GPA guarantees admission.
- Students are required to submit an essay (up to 500 words) explaining why they want to a degree in Manufacturing Engineering.
- Students may have no more than four required courses in progress during the quarter they apply. Admission to the major will be contingent on passing those classes with a C- or better.
- AP scores are converted to GPA as follows: 5=A, 4=B, 3=C
- If students have repeated a major required course, the following will apply:
- The last grade earned will be used to figure the first major grade point average on all major applications.
- The original grade(s) will be used to figure the second major grade point average on all major applications.
- Only complete applications will be given consideration. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Decisions on program applications will be made before students have to register for spring quarter classes. Students will be notified via email of those decisions.
- For questions about this process, you may contact the Pre Major Advisor: email@example.com or 360 650 4132
- For Transfer Students:
- ENGR 101 may be waived in order to apply.
- Transfer students should verify course equivalencies using the Transfer Course Equivalency Guide. If your course is not found on this guide, contact the Pre Major Advisor for assistance.
By completing and submitting this form, you are certifying that the information in this application is true and correct to the best of your knowledge.